Welcome to the members section of the ISB website
Join the ISB
Membership of the International Society for Biocuration is open to anyone who has an interest in the field of biocuration, including (but not restricted to) curators, database developers, software engineers, PIs, bioinformaticians, etc..
The ISB was established by members of the biocuration community for the benefit of the biocuration community. By becoming and remaining a member you are establishing biocuration as a recognised field and a positive career choice, and will be contributing to the future direction of the field. Members will also vote on society proceedings and actions that will affect the direction their career may take.
- Access to workshops and training sessions in biocuration skills and tools.
- Reduced registration rates for the regular International Biocuration Meetings.
- Access to the job forum on the society website.
- Extensive networking opportunities through society contacts.
- An opportunity to make your opinions heard in matters of community importance through society meetings.
- A regularly updated news digest from the society, including notice of relevant meetings, interesting publications and current topics of interest to the community.
What does it cost to join the ISB?
Membership rates are renewable on a yearly basis and are due on June 1st of each year. The rates for the year 2010–2011 are as follows:
|Principal investigator||60 CHF||120 CHF|
|Curator||40 CHF||80 CHF|
|Student||20 CHF||20 CHF|
(For non-curatorial posts, assume the same rates apply for PI vs non-PI and academia vs industry)
How do I join the ISB?
Create a new colleague profile and pay the ISB member fee using PayPal or a direct bank transfer.